OfUsed for belonging to, relating to, or connected with:
Used to indicate reference:
- The secret of this game is that you can’t ever win.
- The highlight of the show is at the end.
- The first page of the book describes the author’s profile.
- Don’t touch it. That’s the bag of my friend’s sister.
- I always dreamed of being rich and famous.
Used to indicate an amount or number:
- I got married in the summer of 2000.
- This is a picture of my family.
- I got a discount of 10 percent on the purchase.
- I drank three cups of milk.
- A large number of people gathered to protest.
- I had only four hours of sleep during the last two days.
- He got a perfect score of 5 on his writing assignment.
ToUsed to indicate the place, person, or thing that someone or something moves toward, or the direction of something:
Used to indicate a limit or an ending point:
- I am heading to the entrance of the building.
- The package was mailed to Mr. Kim yesterday.
- All of us went to the movie theater.
- Please send it back to me.
Used to indicate relationship:
- The snow was piled up to the roof.
- The stock prices rose up to 100 dollars.
Used to indicate a time or a period:
- This letter is very important to your admission.
- My answer to your question is in this envelop.
- Do not respond to every little thing in your life.
- I work nine to six, Monday to Friday.
- It is now 10 to five. (In other words, it is 4:50.)
ForUsed to indicate the use of something:
Used to mean because of:
- This place is for exhibitions and shows.
- I baked a cake for your birthday.
- I put a note on the door for privacy.
- She has been studying hard for the final exam.
Used to indicate time or duration:
- I am so happy for you.
- We feel deeply sorry for your loss.
- For this reason, I’ve decided to quit this job.
- He’s been famous for many decades.
- I attended the university for one year only.
- This is all I have for today.
Choose the correct preposition in each sentence.
1)I slept (of, to, for) only two hours last night.
2)It was my first trip (of, to, for) Hawaii.
3)Turn off the TV and go straight (of, to, for) bed.
4)This book was written (of, to, for) the people who want to learn how to play a guitar.
5)I was late (of, to, for) school.
6)Spencer is one (of, to, for) my best friends.
תסתכל על התשובות