|A gerund (verb + ing) acts like a noun in a sentence.|
Often, a possessive noun or pronoun comes before a gerund.
- Seeing is believing.
- Running a marathon is not an easy thing to do.
- Watching TV is sometimes harmful.
- Eating is always fun.
- My hobby is painting.
- She loves babysitting her sister.
- I like listening to music.
- I wasted all my afternoon by taking a nap.
- I am afraid of singing a song on a stage.
- I hope that you don’t mind my using your pen.
- Don’t be mad about my leaving early.
- I don’t want you misunderstanding.
- You will be amazed by my writing.
Fill in the blanks.
1)I enjoy (draw) as a hobby.
2)She likes (buy) clothes.
3)Children are fond of (play) with water.
4) (dance) is my favorite thing to do.
5)I am upset at his (break) the rule.
תסתכל על התשובות