|Adverbs modify a verb, an adjective, or another adverb. |
An adverb tells more about a verb in the sentence.
An adverb describes more about an adjective in the sentence.
- The fire engine runs fast.
- Listen to his speech carefully.
- I browse the web frequently.
- It rained hard.
An adverb modifies another adverb in the sentence.
- The news is very surprising!
- The coffee is extremely hot, so be careful.
- Nature is really amazing!
Commonly, adjectives can be changed to adverbs by adding 'ly'.
- It rains very hard.
- Computers run much faster these days.
- I clean my room less frequently because I am busy.
To change adjectives ending in 'y' into adverbs, change the 'y' to 'i' and add 'ly'.
- slow – slowly
- quick – quickly
- comfortable – comfortably
- loud – loudly
- clear – clearly
- happy – happily
- easy – easily
Choose the correct word form in the following sentences.
1)I spoke to you (careful, carefully) last time.
2)We talked about it (clear, clearly).
3)I sat on the (comfortable, comfortably) sofa.
4)My dog runs very (fast, faster).
5)Let’s install the new program (quick, quickly).
תסתכל על התשובות